CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Memories and change









My friend Bridget asked me to post some pictures of my horse Stanley when he was younger. As I started looking through my pictures, I started to reminisce about two of my passions, horses and dirt bikes. Both of which I used to love to do but I don't have the time these days. Which I think is okay. Life is about change and really nothing ever stays the same. Having lost my Dad this year, I understand that fully. You can't stay young forever nor can your loved ones.



This is me on my first horse, Honey. When I was 6 years old, I rode her in the Carson Valley Days Parade all by myself. I was so proud.








At this point in my life, my priorities are my children and Jarom. I think that is how it is meant to be. I love my little family. I know in a few years I will be able to do my hobbies that I love. I really miss ripping across the dunes on my dirt bike and competing on my horse Stanley. One thing I know for sure is we must enjoy the journey along the way. Thanks for letting me share! Oh, I am #88, and those are my two girlfriends I used to ride with. We had so much fun!

3 comments:

Bridget and Nick Olson said...

wow! Stan is still just as handsome and studly!
You have a great riding face! I always look like im crabby.
I had no idea that you liked dirt biking! Brave girl! I am always up for a ride. Who knows, we might get back into it at the same time.
Thank you for sharing!

Tiffany said...

I knew you loved horses but didn't know about the dirt bike passion! That's so awesome!! I rode a bike once with my dad and was so scared!! You are one bad chica!

Wendoyoublog in Colorado said...

Oh my gosh! Now I know so much more about ya! When I see you at church, just slap me if I start revin up the handle bars when I see you.

Cool.